Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Roo?
- Our goal is to connect quality veterinary professionals with animal hospitals by providing a brand new online veterinary staffing platform and community.
- Through our website and eventual mobile application, Roo enables hospitals to fulfill short-term personnel needs in real time, while allowing high-quality professionals to secure freelance work at the click of a button. Both sides provide information on service types, skills and preferences, ensuring full transparency and the best matching.
- Beyond the platform, Roo aims to empower a community of smart, trustworthy, agile, and resilient veterinary professionals who value flexibility and work-life balance.
- Why was Roo created?
- We created Roo because we saw a huge need in the animal industry for hospitals and veterinary professionals to better connect with each other while also becoming more empowered as professionals. On top of providing a simple matching process, we also wanted to provide a forum for quality professionals to be able to better communicate with each other. Financially, with our services, we believe that our platform will help to generate additional income for vets and techs as well as additional revenue for the hospital.
- Where is Roo available?
- Currently, Roo is fulfilling shifts throughout the state of Texas, and in Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego, California. Even if you’re not in Texas or California, please feel free to sign up and fill out a profile so we can alert you when we’re available in your city.
- To Whom is Roo Available?
- Currently, hospital administrations, veterinarians, and veterinary technicians may use our platform in Texas and California. Due to labor laws differing by state, Roo may have different availability depending on where you live.
- How much does it cost to sign up? Is there a monthly user fee?
- There is no fee to sign up, Roo is FREE for anyone to join. We don’t charge monthly or membership fees, just use the platform when you need it.
- Does Roo have a mobile app?
- Roo is currently mobile-optimized and we are in the process of developing a mobile app for veterinarians and vet techs. Hospital administrators will continue to use Roo on a desktop computer.
Don't see your question answered here?